Joe and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary! It seems like just yesterday we were traveling around China smelling like smoke, and eating fried rice! These have been the very best years of my life. I can not imagine being this happy with anyone else. Joe sure knows how to make me laugh and put a smile on my face. I love this man!
I am pretty cheesy and like to do the traditional gift. For 5 years the gift is wood. This was a little tricky but I gave Joe the gift of time. I had 12 pre-planned and pre-paid date nights!
I told him to wear his wooden gift and not be late! This watch is made out of wood and really light!
I had been wanting a camera and Joe said we could get one for our Anniversary. It came the week before and we loved trying it out. I'm pretty sure Joe now thinks he's a professional! Joe said he still had something planned but it wasn't a big deal... BIG DEAL TO WHO?! He was amazing! He said he had a game and it depended on me how much fun I would have. He printed out some fake money and had a list of questions. For every question I got right, about him, he would give me shopping money for later that night! This was my kind of game!! I was so excited I seriously was so giddy and couldn't stop smiling! I don't think he realized how well I knew him! I was 8 for 10, and to my defense both questions I missed had THREE answers to which I got 2 out of 3 on both ;)
Joe had some rules about how I could spend the money I earned...
1. I couldn't use it on clearance, 2. I had to spend it that night or I lost it and 3. We only had 2 hours! I think Joe was trying to make it hard for me and trick me, BUT I know how to shop and I can definitely spend money :) To my surprise Joe picked this birthstone ring out... its rose gold and beautiful!
It was a night to remember and brought us closer together! I am most grateful for the two best gifts he has ever given me. I love these girls! Bentley loves to make Novie laugh and Novie is always looking for Bentley!
Novie Lou is now 5 months old! I just love this little girl. Time is going by way too fast. She loves to rock on her hands and knees and enjoys doing push ups! She scoots around and plays so well by herself!
AND this is Bentley boo in a nutshell...She now can identify all her ABC's. When she tries to say V it comes out 3... that's why she never says Novie. But this week she has been calling her baby Lou!
"We're not perfect, but together we have it all"
5 comments:
i love joe's game and i love that he put limits on it...like you couldn't use it on clearance! that one totally made me laugh! novie at 5 months has changed so much. she still looks like you but i can now see joe in her. glad you guys had a great time!
doesn't he know if you use it on clearance you get more for your money?? guess he just wanted you to not feel like a cheap skate for once in your life :) seriously where did baby novie go?? I hardly recognize her anymore and I really like your hair color in the last pic . .was the lighting bad or is it darker?? :)
So fun!! You guys are too cute!
super fun anniversary stuff! David was out of town for work for our anniversary! Your girls are super cute and Novie sure is growing up! Miss you guys tons!
I just love you guys! And love all your fun anniversary ideas:)
Post a Comment