Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Whole Lot of Crazy

Bentley girl is growing up so much I can hardly believe it! She is one of a kind. How can so much attitude come out of such a little girl?! She is throwing fits yes...big ones, since she was 11 months! But she can be the sweetest thing I have ever seen! She loves to give kisses and hugs about every 30 seconds. And if you give her the cheek she wont settled until she finds those lips! She is a Daddy's girl and has him wrapped around her little finger. She has caught on that each morning when he grabs her out of bed he will be leaving shortly after. She clings to him and dares not to let go, in hopes he might take her with him. Like when I walk him to the door she waves bye to me thinking she will get lucky! Then I get to deal with the breakdown once he leaves. Bedtime has been a struggle lately once we bring that tooth brush out she knows its time and lets us know she isn't happy. Oh but she can't fool us with a tired cry like that! It amazes me how fast this girl can spot a trash can....really a trash can?? But she can and it can't go unrecognized! She has figured out that her shows come from the black remote not the grey one. She will bring it to me when she wants to watch something. But if Dad is watching a game with the grey remote she knows and will bring him the black one until he gives in...which doesn't take long! This girl is 21 months and still hasn't discovered what a great place nursery is. The last two weeks she has made great progress but still not by herself! Oh what a glorious day it will be! She loves the Christmas tree and the lights we put up around the house. She has been pretty good about leaving the ornaments on the tree but last week she pulled off the ribbon. I looked at her then pointed at the ribbon and said, "no no no." She then looked at me then at the ribbon, and pointed that finger at me and said, "no no no!" Oh boy! It's hard to teach this little girl. She will slap me in the face just to rub my face softly and say, "soft." She understands there are certain things she isn't allowed to do...BUT she does them of course and when I "try" to talk to her to help her understand she closes her eyes and has a big smile on her face. I guess if she can't see me I can't see her right?! Its moments like that I just laugh and don't know what I am in for!
 This is what a 4.5 hour nap will do! This was a great day!
 After we get the mail sometimes the sprinklers are on and she makes a run for it!
At the children's festival.

I was in the shower...
 Sometimes we meet Dad at the gate and he even lets her drive!
Loves her smoothies.
AND her bubble baths!
She loves her Christmas tree.
 AND the picture says it all! Pretty sure she had nightmares all night, it was a long night that resorted with her sleeping with us! 

7 comments:

Kelsey Bang said...

bently and santa! oh wow, best picture captured in the world! I love her by the christmas tree to. she looks so excited and happy in her christmas pjs!

Whitney said...

The picture with the Christmas tree is adorable! You can just see how excited she is. And of course the Santa picture makes me laugh every time!

nate and amy crandell said...

She is so freakin CUTE!!! haha that Santa picture is priceless I Love it!

p.s. pretty christmas tree :)

Kelsey Stenquist said...

She is a doll! Seriously such a beautiful little girl. I was cracking up reading this because Lincoln does a lot of the same things too! That Santa pic is THEEE best, and I think you should send it into Ellen :)

Brady Pope said...

that santa picture needs to be blown up and brought out every christmas . . it makes me laugh every time i see it!! naughty . .but she sure is cute!!

The Hegstroms said...

Love the pictures! Can't believe so much time has passed! We definitely have a lot of catching up to do in the next couple of months!

Ben and Erika said...

This post is so great!! The Santa picture I think is the best one yet!! Especially after how you've described her!! Ha ha ha...